Best kitchen flooring options for each homeowner’s needs
The kitchen is an area of the house that is not only aesthetically important but also functionally imperative. One of the key components when designing a kitchen according to your needs is to understand what kind of flooring in the kitchen would fit your needs. Based on this, you can choose the ideal kitchen flooring that will make your kitchen look great and feel even better. Once you have understood the pros and cons of the various kitchen flooring options available to you, you can use them to understand the perfect kitchen flooring for your home. In order to understand it better, and make your decision and informed choice, here are some of the popular kitchen flooring options and their unique features to compare them to your needs.
- Concrete: It is one of the least expensive and easy to maintain kitchen flooring options that give your kitchen a rugged look. If you are considering concrete to be used as your kitchen flooring, you must note that it is often not as smooth and refined as the other options. There are challenges with waterproofing concrete; however, it is not impossible. It will however not give you the desired results if you are aiming anywhere close to a luxury kitchen design.
- Cork: Using cork as kitchen flooring is one of the modern kitchen design tips that have grown immensely in popularity. The cork is one of the recent options that give the kitchen a soft, warm and springy flooring feel. It is also great for making the kitchen as noiseless as possible due to its great sound absorption. You need to watch out for moisture seeping in and treat it with a sealer often. The heavy appliances can leave a dent; however, it eventually retains their original shape.
- Hardwood: No traditional kitchen can be complete without hardwood flooring and it gives a classic look to the kitchen. You can choose among various patterns for laying the wooden planks and it is also an environmentally sustainable option since it can be completely recycled. The waterproofing of hardwood floors is the biggest challenge.
- Tiles: Ceramic tiles are one of the most practical options for kitchen floors and it has also benefitted from the recent advancements to the technology. You can easily clean them up and it comes in many attractive patterns and sizes. A good idea is to go for slightly grainy or anti-skid tiles since the tiles can usually be slippery when wet.
- Vinyl: It is very easy to maintain and you can get it in a variety of textures and finishes. For DIY projects also vinyl is one of the top choices. It is prone to scratches and dents and can often become discolored if they come in contact with extreme heat.
There are many flooring options that you can consider when designing your dream kitchen. However, if you are ever in doubt, you should rely on seasoned experts, instead of committing costly mistakes. One of the best kitchens flooring advice in Dubai is available through the experts at Snaidero Kitchen Designs. You can reach out to them at +97142944803 for pragmatic tips and ideas.